Join our Non-Profit to help raise funds
Donations will go towards finishing our Trails and Expanding the System
How You can Help our Non-Profit
- Volunteer – Every Hour you spend with us (During Designated Times) working on the trails we can add an hourly wage to our trail fund.
- Participate in Meetings – We need ideas, opinions, and suggestions.
- Donate – Your Contributions will go a long way helping us Raise Money for 501-C3 Non-Profit in Mesa, Az.
Thank you for your abundance of kindness and supreme generosity.
We are a local Non- Profit 501c3 in Arizona and our Tax ID is 83-3046224.
Accordingly, The Hawes Trail Alliance does not use or pay any of its board members or staffers. We all contribute our time without compensation and share the same passions for keeping this beautiful piece of land open for recreational use.
Fixing the Eroded Tracks
When you volunteer with us, we are allowed to document the hours recorded and turn those hours into money for our next project.
Trail Heads & Signs
Currently, we have no official trail heads or parking lots to use these trails. Our priority is to make safe and convenient entrances to Hawes Trails without disrupting HOA's, City Lawes, or the environment.
When planning trails the environment has to be considered and approved for all types of animals and creatures alike.
Order a Hawes Trail Map Poster
Presenting the newest addition to your garage – the official Hawes Trail System map! Whoop!! Big thanks to @schillingsworth and Nicole Funicello for the heavy lifting on this project. The poster is available online or at The Hawes House in Mesa. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Hawes Trail Alliance. Another enormous thank you goes out to PRI Graphics & Signs for printing the final product and handling the web ordering.
There are two versions of the map: one version has the trails colored by trail rating difficulty. The other map shows each trail with its own unique color. Four sizes are available on high-quality poster stock. There is also the option to have the map printed on 4mm corrugated plastic and three sizes are available for that option.
December 2020 Fundraising
2020 has been a year that nobody expected however it has been a year where many have taken the time to truly reflect on the things they are grateful for. Here at HTA we too want to reflect on what we are grateful for – and maybe brag a little about what we have accomplished with your help.
- Master trail plan approval – adding over 25 miles of approved trails. The team at the Tonto National Forest is awesome and they recognized the need to expand, maintain, educate, and install signage by supporting HTA’s vision that was a direct result of the public’s feedback. Let’s take a minute and reflect on how awesome to have accomplished this in less than 2 years – with all of your help, a dedicated advisory board and countless volunteer hours.
- New trails – HTA recently completed one new trail, and one re-route in the system: High Ridge & Alp D Huez, creating a killer 2.7 mile loop with some great climbing and heart pumping downhill. The next machine built trails will be Cactus Nectar, Iron Goat, Goat re-route and Red Mtn Rampage. We are simultaneously working on Bush Lite, a 3.5 mile trail that runs parallel with Bush Highway, and will truly be a signature trail for all of Hawes. These trails are very different and will add to the already incredible trail system. Who isn’t grateful for new trails, the ability to create new loops and routes – we are stoked.
In this season of gratitude & giving HTA has a small ask. We are super lucky to have landed a professional trail builder, Big Loop Trails. There is an opportunity to keep Big Loop Trails busy most of the winter right here in Hawes building the trails mentioned above for all to enjoy. In order to make this happen HTA is looking for generous donations – any amount will help. To encourage giving we will be designing a killer new zip hoodie, long sleeve t-shirt, and hat – call it a stocking stuffer. Please donate generously if you are able.
- $25 Hat
- $100 Hat & Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- $250 (2)Hats, Long Sleeve T-Shirt, and Zip Hoodie
- $500 (2) Hats, (2) Long Sleeve T-Shirts and Zip Hoodie
Designs will be unveiled soon.
April 2020 Fundraising - Update We DID IT!!!!!
The Hawes Trail Alliance is in the process of raising $20,000 to fund the archeological studies needed to complete the Tonto National Forest approval process for the “Hawes Master Trail Plan” that will expand Trails, add parking, and improve the Hawes area for all users.
This “Master” plan includes:
1. Adds over 26 miles of approved multi-use trails (essentially doubles the size of the current system)
2. Incorporates additional loops to help spread users around and alleviate congestion
3. Increased diversity of terrain to better address all skill levels of riders, hikers, runners, and walkers.
4. Designated, direct-access parking areas within the system to eliminate users need to cross highways or park in residential & commercial areas
5. Trailheads and signage throughout system to increase user safety and educate users on trail etiquette
6. Adding rollover gates!
Hawes Trail Alliance Master Plan Map!
Ready to Hit the Trails?
Check out the Guidelines and Maps
Want to be in the know?
Join our Mailing List
Donate to a Non-Profit 501-C3 in Arizona
We are all volunteers for the HTA and it is a no-profit organization in Mesa Arizona. We need your help to raise money to approve new trails, fund sustainable parking lots and trail heads in order to provide the best safe environment to support all trail users. We hope to see the trail system expand, and grow to a recreational masterpiece.
Want to Donate to a 501-C3 in Arizona?
You have come to the right place.
Luckily, we did some research and found out what a 501c3 can help you with your taxes. Look it up with your accountant. We will wait…..